Monday, February 21, 2011

Chapter 33

We walked into the hotel and straight to the concert theater where the show was going to be. Between the 8 guys and their dates, well minus Kaner and Jake, who came solo, we were split between 2 rows. Jon and I were in the closer row, between Nik and Elina, and Duncan and Kelly. Also in our row was Sid the kid and his girlfriend, Mike Green and Brooks Laich with their girlfriends, and Alex Ovechkin and Alex Semin. Being surrounded by all these amazing hockey players was amazing. And yes, I did just use “amazing hockey players” and Ovechkin’s name in the same sentence…I still don’t like the guy, but I’ll admit that he is a good player.

The award show this year was hosted by Jay Leno, which should make for a good show, compared to the other comedian who hosted it the last 2 years, because he wasn’t that great. The show was good, Maroon 5 and Rascal Flatts both performed, that was awesome considering they are 2 of my favorite bands. Jon had walked away with the Lady Byng trophy, and Duncs won the Norris trophy for the second year in a row. All the Hawks players were called up to the stage too with the cup to say a few words. The show ran about 2 hours, and as soon as we were done, we were ready to party again.

The after party was at the Ghost Bar and Rain, which were both in the Palms hotel, so we didn’t have to go too far. And thankfully these were private parties just for the players that came. Patrick and Abby headed back to the hotel for the night, Abby had enough partying the night before and she was getting tired sooner, more so now that she was at the beginning of the 2nd trimester.

Stamkos remembered Savannah and I, and kept his promise, so he bought us a round of drinks. For being so young still, he was a good player, and I knew he would only get better. At some point during the night, I saw Kaner with some random girl that showed up and was sweet talking her with his hand on her leg and what not…oh some boys will never change. Jordan and the Pens guys showed up, so Jon and Brent were talking to them for a while, Jon even introduced me to Crosby and his girlfriend, and he was hotter then I remembered from when I last met him.

The partying tonight was basically a repeat of last night, well minus the crazy girls and drinks being thrown. We danced the night away and had so much fun. The guys were all cool with each other, which always seems weird when they are on the ice and fighting. After a few hours, we decided to check out a few more clubs that we hadn’t gone to the night before. We end up at the VooDoo Lounge, which is on the 51st floor of the Rio hotel, and it was by far one of the coolest clubs I’ve been to.



Along with me, Jon, Savannah, Taylor, Brent and Dayna, came Jordan, Marc and Vero and Tyler and Kelsey, so we were hanging out having a good time. We’re all sitting down for a while after dancing when Jon and Taylor decide to make a trip to the bar. Jordan and I are talking to Marc and Vero for a while, when Vero gets this ‘oh shit’ look on her face and I notice she’s looking towards the bar, she keeps talking, thinking I wont look, but I turn around to see Jon talking to some girl…the same girl that threw a drink at me last night…um I don’t think so girlfriend; so I make my way towards them when I watch her put her hand on his neck and kiss him. And that’s when I walk faster.

“Excuse me! Get off of him!” I say yelling
“Baby!” Jon says
“No, don’t baby me! What the hell is wrong with you?” I say looking at the girl
“We were just talking,” the dumb girl says
“Bull shit, I saw you kiss him!”
“Baby” Jon says again
“Quit! And why didn’t you push this slut off you?”
“I was! Did you not see me?”

At this point, Jordan and everyone else are behind me.

“Didn’t you get the hint last night after you got kicked out of the club?”
“No, I know what I want, and I’ll get it,” she says
“No you wont, he’s engaged, and clearly disgusted with you,”
“Didn’t look like it to me,”
“Yeah, because you threw yourself at him!”
“Whatever, you’re a bitch and you don’t deserve him!”
“Fuck you,” I say walking off
Jordan is hot on my tail and catches me right as I get into the elevator. He pulls me into a hug as I’m breaking down in tears as we go down the elevator.

“Jamie, I saw that girl all over him, I was about to tell you to keep your eye on her, but it was too late,” He says
“It’s ok, Jordan, I wish I would have seen it sooner, I woulda punched her in the face,”
“Things will get figured out, you know I’m here for you, right?”
“Yeah, thanks Jordan. Can we just sit down for a minute?” I ask as we get outside of the hotel. Passing the benches, I decide to just sit on the ground, I pull my legs to my chest, knowing that my dress is long enough that I’m not exposing anything, and keep crying.

With my head in my hands, I don’t notice that there is a change in hands on my back, until Jordan tells me that everything will be ok, and he will call me tomorrow; confused, I look up to see that Jon is sitting next to me, rubbing my back. I say bye to Jordan and put my head back down.

“Baby,” Jon says
“What?” I say after a minute, still not looking up
“Will you listen to me?” He asks
“I’m listening,”
“Can you look at me, please,” he asks as I lift my head up
“I’m so sorry about all of that,”
“You didn’t look sorry,” I say as he wipes some tears away
“I am! I didn’t recognize her from last night and she started talking to me and Taylor,”
“Maybe because she’s wearing less clothes now,”
“I didn’t kiss her, she was the one that kissed me,”
“I saw that,” I say as we move to the bench
“Ok, and I was pushing her away as you walked up,”
“I know, but she’s such a slut, she knows who you are, she knows your with me, and she doesn't give a shit,”
“Babe, I told her I’m engaged, she didn’t listen,”
“Clearly, I’m just sick of all these sluts throwing themselves at you, we’ve never had this problem,”
“Well, we are in Vegas,”
“True,”
“I really am so sorry, baby, the minute I saw you crying, it broke my heart.”
“It broke my heart too,”
“I love you more then anything in this world, I can’t live without you and I don’t want to.” He says, brushing hair out of my face
“I love you too babe, and you wont have to, I’m not going anywhere,”
“Good, let’s go back to the hotel,” he says, as he’s about to give me a kiss, but I turn my head so he kisses my cheek
“Seriously?” he says, looking at me
“I don’t know where that sluts mouth has been, you can give me a kiss after you wash your mouth,” I say as he helps me up
“Ok, fair enough,”

So after calling the guys and everyone to tell them what’s going on, we get back to the hotel. I change into my pajamas, when Jon calls me into the bathroom. I watch him as he cleans his mouth with Scope, after he does, he walks over to me and grabs my face in his hands and kisses me.

“Better?” He asks
“MUCH better,” I say with a smile
“Good,”
“And to think, you were worried about me being friends with Jordan, these are sluts you don’t even know,” I say jokingly
“True, and I know Jordan too. Its just Vegas that is bad news,”
“Yeah, gross crazy girls everywhere,”
“Let’s go to bed, baby,”

After a morning of breakfast with some of the other players, we were on a plane to go back to Chicago to hang out there for a couple weeks before the wedding.

2 comments:

  1. I love keeping up with this story I could read it all day =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice little drama.. love it keep it up!

    ReplyDelete